>> These are practical guides to using e-commerce in small enterprises. They provide case studies; a “ladder” of progress in e-commerce; an analysis questionnaire for e-commerce selection; help with strategic planning; and a set of best practice guides on various aspects of e-commerce. One guide is aimed at entrepreneurs; the other is aimed at enterprise support agencies (organisations that help small enterprises start up and survive/grow).
- Handbook on “eCommerce for Small Enterprise Development” for Ugandan enterprise support agencies: click here for pdf version (c.900K)
- Handbook on “eCommerce for Small Enterprise Development” for Ugandan entrepreneurs: click here for pdf version (c.800K)
Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) and Small Enterprise Handbooks
>> These are practical guides to using ICTs in small enterprises. One guide is for enterprise support agencies: it provides a detailed understanding of the role of ICTs in small enterprise, and guidance on agency strategy for helping small enterprises with ICTs. The other guide is for entrepreneurs: it provides an overview of ICTs; a set of case studies; a guide to action for particular businesses; and a set of advice sheets on various aspects of using ICTs effectively in small enterprise.
- Handbook on ICTs and Small Enterprise for Enterprise Support Agency Staff: practical guide for staff from agencies, donors and governments (link to page with versions in English, French and Spanish)
- Handbook on ICTs and Small Enterprise for Entrepreneurs: practical guide for entrepreneurs (link to page with versions in English, French, Spanish and Arabic)
Other eCommerce Reports
- Analysing eCommerce for Development: short overview of e-commerce models and issues